Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tragic Springtime Love (aka procrastination)

I really should be studying but I wrote this instead. Procrastination at its finest!

I dream you would stay a bit longer
Your departure is sadly twisted
That though you are of stunning height
Your lovely looks would be your plight

With hard black claws and razor jaws
Those sinister convex eyes
They will devour your sugary flesh
Your meat to them tastes very best

There is no stopping their decent
In rows of four or sometimes more
All I can do is crawl into this hill
I want to save you but never will

This happens every single cycle
Just as werewolves awake in full moon
Those first warm rays stir the appetite
Of the beasts that bear your untimely doom

Your beautiful bloom I will be missing
Rest in peace, my darling daisy 
Spring will bring us together again
Perhaps next time a bit longer, Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment