Monday, April 25, 2011

A List: Top 10 Eleventh Doctor quotes

In honor of the series 6 premiere of Doctor Who this past Saturday, I thought it would be fun to make a list of my favorite Matt Smith quotes as the Eleventh doctor. Sorry if you don't watch watch Doctor Who, but really, you should. It is fantastic.

10. "How are you doing that? I am loving it! You're like Houdini, only five slightly scary girls. And he was shorter... will be shorter. I'm rambling. - The Vampires of Venice

9. "No, I have a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness." - Vincent and the Doctor

8."The universe is big, it's vast and complicated, and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - The Pandorcia Opens

7. "Annihilate? No. No violence, do you understand me? Not while I'm around. Not today, not ever. I'm the Doctor, the oncoming storm... and you basically meant beat them in a football match, didn't you?" - The Lodger

6. "Ah! Yes! Blimey, sorry! Christmas Eve on a rooftop, saw a chimney, my whole brain just went... what the hell!" - A Christmas Carol

5. "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant. And we definitely added to his pile of good things." - Vincent and the Doctor

4. "I'm being extremely clever up here, and there's no one standing around looking impressed. What is the point of having you all?" - The Impossible Astronaut

3."Oh that box. Amy, you'll dream about that box. It'll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand new and ancient. And the bluest blue... ever. And the times we had, eh? Would've had. Never had. In your dreams, they'll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond." - The Big Bang

2. "You know when grown-ups tell you everything's going to be fine, but you really think they're lying to make you feel better? ...Everything's going to be fine." - The Eleventh Hour

1. "You're not the first lot to have come here. Oh, there have been so many. And what you have to ask yourself is... what happened to them? Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically... run." - The Eleventh Hour

And so many more great ones! What is your favorite Who quote, if you have one?

7 comments:

  1. You've got some really great ones, some of my favourites! I know they over use it but I still love "So. All of time and space. Everything that ever happened or ever will. Where do you want to start?" from The Eleventh Hour. And "Well it's always a big day tomorrow. We've got a time machine. I skip the little ones." And a new favourite: "These are my top operatives, The Legs, The Nose, and Mrs Robinson." Man I could quote Doctor Who all day, so I'll stop now. :P It must've been hard to only choose ten. (And mustn't forget the cool bowtie, I can always buy a fez.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was extremely difficult to choose because I love everything that comes out of the Doctor's mouth. I thought about adding "bowties are cool" and "geronimo" and all those catch phrases but I just thought these were more interesting I guess (even though bowties. are. cool.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 4th one the best, but you didn't include one of my favoirtes. It was from the Christmas epsiode about "big shiny things have my name written all over it." or something along those lines

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourites of the more recent ones are 'time isn’t a straight line, it’s all bumpy-wumpy. There’s loads of boring stuff, like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays, big temporal tipping points when anything’s possible." and 'you're like a nine year old, trying to rebuild a motorbike in his bedroom.' I quote dr who for most of the day and drive everyone mad but it is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 is part of my favorite. The whole speech its from is amazing. Whats sticks with me the most is the part about how we're all stories in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few of my personal favorites:

    "You've given the order for your own execution, and the whole planet just heard you. And one whopping great kick on the backside for the Silence! YOU just raised an army against yourself! And now, for a thousand generations, you're going to be ordering them to destroy you every day. How fast can you run? 'Cause today's the day the human race will throw you off their planet. They won't even know they're doing it! I think, quite possibly, the word you're looking for right now is "oops!"

    "Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many."

    I can't save you from this. There's nothing I can do to stop this. I stole your childhood and now I've lead you by the hand to your death. But the worst thing is, I knew. I knew this would happen. This is what always happens. Forget your faith in me. I took you with me because I was vain. Because I wanted to be adored. Look at you. Glorious Pond. The girl who waited for me. I'm not a hero. I really am just a mad man in a box. And it's time we saw each other as we really are. Amy Williams, it's time to stop waiting. -The God Complex

    Because every time you see them happy, you remember how sad they're going to be... and it breaks your heart. Because what's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later? The answer is, of course, because they are going to be sad later. -The Doctor The Widow and the Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good group of quotes. I happened to find you when I was searching for Number Four.

    ReplyDelete