Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wordy Gurdy

About a week ago, Wordy Gurdy became the game to play at my household. My Dad and I spent all dinner on Thursday coming up with them, and my Mom has been going crazy from all the Wordy Gurdy madness. It goes like this: You say a a sentence, usually not a complete sentence, and the other person has to guess the two words that rhyme, have the same number of syllables, and mean the same thing.

For example: "To worship a small metal object"


Didjya get it? The Word Gurd was Hail Nail.

I'm horrible at thinking of these, but surprisingly good at guessing them. And I think it actually has been helping to expand my vocabulary! If the SAT I took yesterday had Wordy Gurdys on them, I would have aced that shit! Pretty unfortunate for every other student in the country, but hey, all is fair in word and war.

Here's a few more. If you get one and write it in the comments, you win a super sexy special secret prize.*

A Tired flower
A Melancholy Man
A Cold storage Unit for an Eccentric old man

Best,
Jaime

PS: Sorry if I don't sound like myself today. That is what camping outside on a field for twelve hours will do to you. Teenagers are a very strange breed.

*But not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment