Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ode to Megaupload

Of many eves I’ve dwelt awake
To bask in your immortal glow
I never knew I’d feel such woe
How could I guess you’d forsake me
But now your life paused evermore
You bent the rules but you’ve been beat
The men in blazers hit delete
They said you broke copyright laws

In fact just this October past
I had a strange premonition
You had reached your last edition
But I pushed such thoughts from my mind
I bought Netflix and cast you out
To shield myself from such a curse
But now this act makes me feel worse
I abandoned you on your death bed

No one dast blame this all on you
You let us steal a film or three
Yet I consumed it knowingly
Seven full series of Doctor Who
And countless hours of Buffy
Users caused your termination
An untimely expiration
Dear friend, I do apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment